There are two main components of the Open City Initiative: Open Data and Analytics Centre for Excellence.
The Open Data Portal comprises of several initiatives including the Citizen Dashboard, the Open Budget, the Open Data Catalogue and the 311 Open Data
- The Citizen Dashboard is created with the mindset of accountability towards its citizens and showcases performance data for select services that the city provides, specifically within the catery of transportation, livability, environment, urban form, economy, and finance.
- The Open Budget website provides information and transparency on how the city’s public funds are allocated and makes it easily understandable by all citizens.
- Open Data Catalogue gives citizens access to city department-wide datasets on various topics
- The 311 Open Data and Edmonton 311 website allows citizens to view reports and requests generated throughout their neighborhood while increasing while also increaing accessibility o municipal services that allows for citizens to submit their complaints and suggestions.
The Analytics Centre for Excllence focuses on the transition of data to information both for Citizens and for internal stakeholders.
– It also provides tools and resources to empower citizens to work with data themselves to gain their own insights into City data