Blue Ocean Robotics created a self-driving disinfection robot that sterilizes and kills viruses and bacteria. These ultraviolet disinfection (UVD) robots move autonomously around patients’ rooms and operating theatres, covering all critical surfaces with UV-C light to kill viruses and bacteria. They have been in high demand, expected to increase the safety of staff and patients by reducing the risk of contact with the Coronavirus.
- The concentrated UV-C light emitted by these robots has a germicidal effect that removes virtually all airborne viruses and bacteria on surfaces. In a typical patient room, 99.99% of all viruses and bacteria are killed within 10 minutes.
- The robot moves autonomously from room to room—it can even take the elevator and open doors by itself.
- For safety reasons, the robot works on its own and automatically disengages the UV-C light if someone enters the room where the robot is working.
- The cleaning routes of the robots are determined remotely by staff via a linked app.
- These self-driving disinfection robots have been sold to over 40 countries and to 2,000 hospitals in China, increasing the safety of staff and patients by reducing the risk of contact with bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms.
Source: UVD Robots, Blue Ocean Robotics