With limited test centers for COVID-19 available in the country, online medical platform Practo has partnered with Thyrocare to make COVID-19 detection tests available in Mumbai. To ensure that anyone who experiences the symptoms of the infection can get tested, the government is constantly working on expanding the list of labs and centers.
- A valid doctor’s prescription, duly filled Test Requisition Form signed by the physician, and a photo ID card has to be presented at the time of testing. The test will be available at INR 4500 (USD 59) and can be booked online.
- Certified phlebotomists collect the samples from the patients’ homes directly. The report is made available to the patients on the Practo website within 24-48 hours of the sample collection.
- The lab may also share the patient’s report with the authorized government bodies.
- As of March 28, the test is available for Mumbai residents, and will soon be expanded to the rest of the country.
- On the first day of testing, Thyrocare received 3,000 enquiries.
- The government is constantly working on expanding the list of labs and centers to ensure that access to these tests is not an issue. Widespread testing is aimed to track the scale and prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
Source(s): Deal Street Asia, The Quint, India Today