The Ministry of Health and Prevention, under the Abu Dhabi Health Authority, and the Dubai Health Authority have jointly launched an app named Al Hosn UAE as a national initiative aimed at supporting the Government’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19. The app alerts users if they have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient. Users can get the COVID-19 test result through the app as well.
- Users need their Emirates ID and phone number to authenticate the app.
- The app combines the benefits of STAY HOME and TRACE COVID, the two apps previously launched by the Department of Health.
- The app alerts users if they have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient. It traces a person’s connection with others, through Bluetooth technology. Users can get the COVID-19 test result through the app as well.
- The app uses short-term Bluetooth signals, to show whether the person is in close proximity to people who have had contact with patients infected with the COVID-19 virus.
- It is expected to ultimately help authorities with contact tracing, further supporting to contain the spread of COVID-19.